Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tuesday - October 23rd - Day 4

I slept in til 7 this morning which really surprised me. I never sleep that late at home but I think all the walking and staying up late is catching up with me.  Sleeping is such a waste of time here but it must be done! It doesn't help that the beds are SO comfortable!

When I came out to the living room, Darla was already up and dressed and starting breakfast. I just had some tea and an english muffin and one piece of bacon.  Another beautiful day was on the horizon...the local egret was out fishing for his breakfast too!
He was able to catch a little fish
We are headed to the Studios today and first on the agenda is getting a fast pass for Toy Story Mania. We left a few minutes earlier than Darla and Deb but my bad luck with buses was continuing and they ended up seeing us still at the bus stop.  It was not too long before we had our bus though.  We were in for a beautiful day at the Studios!


On top of the building
the "hat"
On the way in, Joe said, hey, there is Pat!  Another coincidence meeting up with Pat, although we knew she'd be here today.  We headed for Toy Story but took our time because Pat uses the wheelchair entrance and could get all 4 of us in on her GAC Pass.  We had a few minutes to wait until the next car came around. Haha, I beat Joe at this game but my arm was killing me!

joe scored 108,100
We agreed we should ride Tower of Terror BEFORE lunch so that is where we headed next.  It was only a 10 minute wait but we could enter through the Fast Pass Return line. Crowds were very low today (due to the previous night being a late night), we were next in to the library.

Boiler Room of Tower of Terror
almost time to drop!
Yes, I wanted a picture but it didn't happen!
We had a really good elevator ride....many drops and mini drops..I lost count but we had GREAT air time! I think  in this picture, we were literally floating....great ride as usual and I always get anxious about it!

We headed towards the Hat and all of a sudden....Movie Star Goofy, Pluto, Donald and Daisy and Chip n Dale came walking out.  They were heading out for autographs and do not stop along the way but I managed to snap a few photos and then we got in the short line for Movie Star Donald and Daisy (we called her negligee Daisy, lol)



Sean with Donald and Daisy
We then turned around and went in to the Great Movie Ride.  We were able to board immediately via the handicap line but there was not much of a wait..the line did not even fill the theatre.


Indiana Jones

Casablanca
Follow the Yellow Brick Road
I'll get you my pretty!
Emerald City
It was now exactly time for our 11:20 lunch at Sci Fi Dine Inn.  It was made for 4 months ago, not knowing for sure who would want to use it.  Darla and Deb were in a different park today so when they said they did not want to eat there...I messaged Pat (she also had a reservation there for 2:00) and let her know to meet me there at 11 but we saw her coming in the park. I checked the 4 of us in and we waited about 10 minutes for a "car".  We had a great car hop from New Yark...very thick accent, almost hard to understand!  Joe and I got the burgers, his with fries..mine with cucumber salad which was SO good!

Very hard to see menu..good thing I know it by heart!
cucumber salad was delicious!
We paid our bill and our waiter said to hold on, he had a surprise for us.  He brought over a bag with something in it. He pulled out one of the glow in the dark Sci Fi cups filled with caramel corn! He had one for all 4 of us! How nice of him! I had one of these from 1989 when Sci Fi first opened and the print had worn off.  It was a really nice thing to do.

We walked around in the store for a few minutes....they were filming someone's American Idol promo..she had on a VOTE FOR ME shirt.  I could spend hours in this store....so many good books..especially the Disney ones.  I found one of particular interest to me...

At this point, Pat went on to do American Idol and a few other things. We decided to walk around the backlot and then do Star Tours.  Joe had never seen the revised version(s).

They were already setting up for the Osborn Lights and Mulch , Sweat and Shears Bandscaping was playing in the streets.


Crowds were very low at the Studios today

We walked up to Star Tours and walked straight thru to the ride.  Joe has never seen the new version and did not realize it was now 3D.  Great effects and such an improvement over the original!


I was hoping Joe would have been chosen to be the Rebel Spy, but alas, it was not to be!

We decided to take a little bench break, get something sweet and then head over to Beauty and the Beast show at 2.  We shared a Mickey Ears sugar cookie from the Villains Store  and half was plenty!

So many goodies to pick from!

We walked across the street to the BaB Theatre and I literally got 6th row center seats! Not only that, NO ONE was directly in front of me!  I cannot say enough about this show...it is Broadway quality and the Gaston is OUTSTANDING! He looks  like the human version of the cartoon....very expressive...great voice and just perfect for this role.   I would not mind seeing this again this week.  Warning: I took ALOT of pictures of this show...some are here and some will be on Facebook. I also took two videos. Can you tell this is my favorite movie AND favorite production show at WDW.
Little town, it's a quiet village....
I'm roughly the size of a BARGGGGGE!!

Bonjour!




She should have stuck with Gaston!



Showing his muscles for attention
and they lived happily ever after!
After the show, we decided to look thru the stores down the blvd. and get out before the parade starts, although it IS a cute parade. Joe went up the other end to get some popcorn and we'd meet in the stores. I was watching a flash mob form on hollywood blvd.

I had to order a Mickey Hat for a friend so I did that and had it sent back to the room. Then we headed out to OKW...we were the only two on the bus!  We walked over to the pool area at OKW so I could take a few pics.




We came back to the room and relaxed a bit, Darla was out on  her porch...we caught up on our day's activities.  They were heading somewhere offsite (GASP!) for dinner....Darla called Barbara and they  decided to come here and boat down to Downtown Disney with us to Earl of Sandwich.

On the boat

We got in line at Earl; it always looks long but goes fast. I had the Italian one, Joe had the Caribbean Jerk and some soup.  Barbara had the beef sandwich and some soup..forget what Roy had but they were not crazy about theirs.  Maybe we should have tried Wolfgang Puck Express instead..that line was LONG and does not move as fast.  We looked around in the stores....Barbara and I were checking out the Disney OPI nail polishes.  She bought the If you moust you moust...and she bought me Meep Meep!  We got them in TrenD which has to be my favorite store down here....I could do some serious damage in this store!
Mine is on the left
This is how beautiful the night is
Christmas store
We went in to Goofy's Candy Co. Store and they were making SOOOO many goodies! I did not buy anything though...probably a good thing, lol.
Rice Krispie..covered in sprinkles..drizzled with white chocolate
This is HUGE!
making cotton candy
I got a text from Darla that they were at Ghirardelli getting something for Steven. We walked to the bus stop so I could text her we were leaving and sure enough, they met us right there at the bus stop. We made our way back to 1313...laughing at how we all met in our 30s and here we are in our 50s limping back to the room, lol.  Tomorrow is World Showcase!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment