Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Disney/Universal Training - Day 3

Today was checkout day at Pop Century with me heading to Universal for my FAM trip and Ami and her family heading home.  Before leaving, Ami and her family took me to 1900 Parkfare for breakfast! We ran in to Princess 1/2 Marathon traffic but it broke up  after turning off of World Drive. We were only a couple minutes late for our 9:30 reservation.  We were seated and got our food going which is quite easy to do here! No need to go in to all that I ate but trust me, I got my share!!
DVC at the Grand
being welcomed by Richard
Doesn't get any more grand than this!
I think this was Plate #1
Alice was showing us her tea
Madhatter is so funny!
We walked in the grounds to take a look around. Lots of construction, not just with DVC. I would not be too happy with all these walls that are up.

Snow White Splash area
We hopped on the monorail and headed over to the Magic Kingdom where it was Dapper Day!  There were lots of people dressed up in their finest attire.  I love it when people dress up for fun!

Magic Kingdom seemed quite crowded when we arrived. My pass is starting to reject at the turnstile so it may be time for a new one. It really bugs me that AP holders have to use the old method and those machines NEVER work!


We walked down Main Street with no real agenda and decided to ride Pirates. The right side is under construction so you have to turn a different way when entering instead of going straight in.  We went in the left side and only had a few minutes wait. I took some pictures on the way to Pirates.



After Pirates we continued in to Frontierland, noticing Splash was down.  We were deciding at that point how long to stay in the park. Everyone wanted to leave for various reasons.  We knew we weren't going to be staying all day anyways, the Ellers were anxious to get home and I had to get over to Universal.


Splash is down




Saw this show on the way out, a fav of mine! CLANG CLANG!!!
on the boat back to the Grand
Well, that ends the Disney portion of the trip!  It was short but great; there was no way I was coming down to Orlando and not spend some Disney time!

Ami was so sweet and had offered to drive me to Universal, so we were on our way!  It was drizzling out by now but still very humid, ugh.

We had a bit of traffic and it took about 30 minutes to get there. I was one of the first to arrive and my room was ready! woo hoo!  I invited Ami and the girls to come up and check it out!



I have this entire room to myself!
Ami had to leave so as not to incur a high parking fee, which goes up after 30 minutes. We said our goodbyes til next time!

I unpacked my dress clothes and hung them up. Everything is so pretty here!  I had about an hour to relax which was perfect.  We all met down in the lobby and got our IDs and swag bags. It is great to finally meet everyone I "work" with for the first time!

 Our first stop was to tour Hard Rock Cafe and it was such an awesome tour!  We went back in to the concert area and got to stand on the stage where sooooo many superstars had played, elton John, Paul McCartney, to name a few.  Then we were taken upstairs to the Beatles room where they have recreated an exact replica of John Lennon's NY apartment.  The walls were covered with actual memorabilia and they even had the couch where he wrote many Beatles songs.  We took our picture on the huge white couch!



our tour guide
looking out from the stage


After the tour, we were led to our tables downstairs and given our menus.  I had Grilled chicken with twisted macaroni and garlic bread, it was SO good! The hot fudge sundaes came out! OH MY!



After dinner, we had our Blue Man Group Show.  I could not take pictures.  I don't even know where to start to describe this show!  It was a cross between a rock band, light show and audience participation! I never knew this show also had comedy!  It was a packed audience and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.




Afterwards, some of us were going back to our rooms via water taxi and some were going to Rising Star for karaoke.  I was in the group to go back.  I made myself a bubble bath and relaxed in the hot bath while listening to the Oscars. There are speakers in the bathroom!  I then put on my lovely Loews Bathrobe and just am SO enjoying this time to myself!

Tomorrow we have VIP tours of both parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment