Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 22, 2013

Off I go!

I got up (or did I even bother to sleep?) at 3:30 and had some tea and finished final packing. We left at 4:50 and had very little traffic. Bad weather was expected so I told Joe to take off after seeing me check in. Flight down was uneventful, well with the exception of the kid using the tray behind me for a battleground, ugh, he was excited, I put on my TOLERANT face and dealt with it.  Much to his mother's credit, she told him to apologize to me and he did. I said that is ok, I know you are excited and I had little boys at one time too.  I had a chance to take a 1:30 flight, they were overbooked and were offering $300 credit + cost of flight. Very tempting and generous but Disney time is way too precious to this girl, lol.

Arrived to an empty MCO, virtually no line for those going home.  I got down to Magical Express, hopped in to line #6 and woo  hoo, on our way!  We stopped first at Art of Animation and then went right next door to Pop Century.  The online check in line had people, my regular line did not.  I walked right up and room was ready!  My CM was from New Zealand and I had to watch her talk to fully understand and she was "earning her ears", good job!  I found my way to Bldg #1, 50s, right by my baby girl, Lady!  Sandie must be looking down on me which kind of made me a little upset but it's ok.  I got in the room and started sorting things out and I heard my phone ringing and it was AMI! They were here already! She checked in and they parked (they are FL residents now!) and they came up and we chatted a bit before heading out. Before we left, my luggage arrived!  All is well in my "world"!

I was so excited as we got closer to the Magic Kingdom! Does this EVER get old?  It was a GLORIOUS day, warm and sunny!  I will have to use the pictures from my phone as proof because I made the fatal error of erasing my camera card before checking that they were stored on this laptop.  On the old laptop, they auto saved but I guess Windows 8 doesn't work that way. Oh well!

We hit Columbia Harbor House for lunch and I, of course, had my tuna sandwich!  Ami ran in to some friends from where she used to live in VA; she knew they were here today but funny how we just ran in to them! So we got a table for all of us.  They were all heading over to Pirates and I wanted to check out the new Fantasyland for the first time.  It was ok....it will be nicer when it is done. Darn, I took such nice pictures here!

I walked through Fantasyland and headed over to the TTA and rode that once around, relaxing in the warm breeze. Tomorrowland seemed crowded and it seemed like the whole park was filling up more.  I walked thru the stores on Main Street and decided to hang out and relax in a rocker and people watch, always interesting!  The train was calling me so I did the Grand Circle Tour and saw that Splash was down. When we came back around, I decided to head over to the Fort early so I could look around.  I sat up in the front of the boat since it was so nice out.  I walked around in the store, sat on the porch at Crockett's Tavern and then sat out on the beach watching for Ami.  I got a text that she was "here" and I thought she was over at Trails End so I hurried over but she was just getting off the boat, close to where I was!

I almost decided not to eat here tonight since I really wanted that fried chicken but being a Friday in Lent,  I could not have it.  I was SO glad I decided to come anyways, I had a great salad, veggies..hot and cold, mashed potatoes and red velvet cake!

After we ate, we boated back over to Magic Kingdom to see Wishes. As we were pulling up to the dock, it started and of course, no pictures!  We walked in and wanted to watch the castle show, I had not seen the updated one. Wow, too bad you can't see the nice pictures I took!  Ami and her friends all stayed in the park and Ami's daughter and I decided to head back.  Luckily, there was a bus waiting and we were the last two before pulling out.  Coming back to POP, the pool was lively and people were everywhere!

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully, there will be pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment